Call for Standardisation Specialists (Deadline 15th of September)
StandICT.eu 2023 kicked off on 1st September 2020. It is an EU framework project H2020 Coordination and Support Action with the central goal to ensure a neutral, reputable, pragmatic and fair approach to support European and Associated states presence in the international ICT standardisation scene. Building the human European network of ICT Standard Experts has been crucial in making the difference in guaranteeing StandICT.eu 2023 begins with an already solid base of diligent and active standards contributors.
StandICT.eu Fellowship Programme – 4th Call
StandICT.eu 2023 “ICT Standardisation Observatory and Support Facility in Europe” will build on the success and momentum of the precursor 2018-20 StandICT.eu initiative to advance and create a truly consolidated European Standardisation Ecosystem. At the heart of this objective is the StandICT.eu Fellowship Programme, which through a series of 10 Open Calls, will provide 3 million Euro through a cascade grant process to support and incentivise participation of European standardisation specialists in key international and global SDOs and consortia.
The topics for the StandICT.eu 2023 calls are defined through continuous monitoring and careful analysis of the international ICT standards landscape through liaison with Standards Development Organisations (SDOs) and Standard Setting Organisations (SSOs), key organisations such as the EU Multistakeholder Platform For ICT Standardisation, and its prestigious EAG- Expert Advisory Group and EUOS Foresight Committee, as well as industry-led groups, to pinpoint gaps and priorities matching EU DSM objectives.
Who can receive financial support?
Potential applicants are standardisation specialists, defined as professionals with proven expertise and experience in standardisation activities e.g. previous contributions to standards developments, participation in various SDO groups working, previous or current chairs etc. in the respective priority area.
The StandICT.eu 2023 Calls are open to individuals or natural persons residing in the European Member States Associate Countries from both public and private sectors, industry and service companies including SMEs and start-ups, academia and research, and national and European associations, including NGOs representing consumers interests.
In particular, the target of StandICT.eu open calls are European specialists who:
- have profound knowledge in one of the priority areas covered by the Open Calls;
- have experience regarding developments of standards, e.g., in SDOs, , in groups set-up by the EC, or when creating documentation in open source developments;
- are not receiving support from other instruments (PPPs, EU or national R&I projects) for the proposed activities, and are not being funded from other sources for an identical activity.
- Launch: 15th of July 2021
- Deadline: 15th of September 2021, 17:00 CET
- Evaluation: Each proposal will be evaluated by three members of an External Pool of Evaluators
- Notification of Outcome: Applicants will be notified on the outcome of their proposal and provided with feedback from the External Pool of Evaluators in an Evaluation Consensus Report by mid-October 2021.
If your proposal is successful, you will be contacted within 5-10 business days of notification to take the steps necessary to prepare and sign the contract for the funding. Please note that a deadline of 10 business days from notification will be applied to confirm your intention to take up the contract to enable the funds to be re-allocated to other successful applicants.
Find more information on the StandICT.eu 2023 website